Community /

Friendship Support

Create a New Thread
Gif Photo Link
How to Make Friends After Bullying – Yep, It’s Possible! 🫶
by kabir22
Last post
Monday
...See more Hey lovely people! 🌟 Okay, let's be real for a second—making friends after being bullied can feel like climbing a mountain in flip-flops. 🩴 It’s tough, and sometimes you wonder if you’ll ever reach the top. But guess what? You can, and you will. I’ve got your back with some tips to help you navigate this journey. Let’s dive in, shall we? 1. Start with Self-Acceptance (You’re Amazing, Period) Easier said than done, right? But honestly, you’ve been through something tough, and you owe yourself a bit of love. Take a moment to look in the mirror and say, “I’m worth knowing. I’m worth loving.” Because you are. Spend time doing the things that make you feel you. Whether it’s reading, painting, or watching that same sitcom for the tenth time—do it unapologetically. 2. Find Your Tribe (Safe Spaces, Anyone?) I’m talking about those places where you walk in, and nobody expects you to be anything other than yourself. Maybe it’s a local book club, a hiking group, or an online community where you can geek out about your favorite show. Shared interests make it so much easier to start conversations without all that pressure of impressing someone. Trust me, finding your tribe makes all the difference. 3. Talk About the Little Things (Big Things Come Later) You don't have to start with a TED Talk about your life. Try simple stuff like, “Hey, do you like pineapple on pizza?” 🍍🍕(And if they say yes, well, you’ve just found someone with impeccable taste.) Building friendships can start with these small, light-hearted conversations. 4. Be Honest (But No Need to Spill the Beans Right Away) It’s okay to let people in, but only when you feel comfortable. You don’t owe anyone your whole story, but sharing bits and pieces when you’re ready can help build real connections. It’s like slowly peeling back layers of an onion… except without the tears (hopefully). 5. Set Boundaries Like a Boss 🛑 Listen, you’ve already been through enough. It’s perfectly fine to have boundaries and to stick to them. If you’re not comfortable talking about something, say so. Real friends will respect that, and if they don’t, well, they’re probably not worth the energy. You deserve people who make you feel safe and respected. 6. Explore the Digital Universe (Making Friends Has Never Been So Wi-Fi Friendly) 📱 Online communities can be a lifesaver when meeting people face-to-face feels like scaling Everest. Whether it’s joining a fandom, gaming group, or a forum for your favorite hobby, there’s a whole world out there ready to welcome you with open arms (or, you know, enthusiastic emojis 🤗). 7. Be Kind, Be Yourself, and Be a Little Weird (Seriously, It’s the Best Combo) The most beautiful friendships are built on authenticity. Don’t hide the parts of yourself that you think are “too much” or “too weird.” Love binge-watching cat videos at 2 a.m.? Great. Enjoy talking to your plants? Awesome. The right people will find your quirks endearing, I promise. 8. Remember That Not Everyone’s a Jerk (I Promise) It’s easy to put up walls when you’ve been hurt, but not everyone’s out to break them down. Some people genuinely want to know the real you. Give them a chance—but keep that protective armor handy, just in case. ⚔️ 9. Patience, Grasshopper 🐛 You’re not going to become best friends with someone overnight, and that’s completely okay. Relationships take time to build. Every time you put yourself out there, even if it’s just a little “hello,” you’re making progress. Celebrate those small wins—they matter more than you think. You’ve Got This! 🌈 You’re more than the stuff you’ve been through. You’re resilient, you’re strong, and there’s a world of potential friends out there just waiting to meet you. So take a deep breath, put on that brave face (even if it’s a little wobbly today), and remember—you’re not alone in this journey. We’ve got your back. 💪 Anyone else got tips, stories, or a good pineapple pizza debate to share? 🍍🍕 Let’s hear them! Your voice matters, and who knows, you might just find a friend right here. 💛 ------------------------- Tagging some so this can be used as reference whenever needed - @Hope @ASilentObserver @MelodyoftheOcean @Heartsandrosesandpaws @SparkyGizmo @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @coolvibes @Boon4U
Friendship Support Automated Taglist!
by tommy
Last post
March 19th
...See more Welcome to the Friendship Support Taglist This thread is an auto-updating list. The list is regularly updated by forum leaders and can be found below. Having issues? Reply below and someone will help you! Why should I join the taglist? ✔ Never miss out on sub-community check-ins, discussions or events ✔ Get tagged and notified by community leaders whenever a new relevant thread has been posted ✔ Become a more active member of the community. What do I need to do? ✅ To add yourself to this taglist, press the Post to Thread button below and write the exact words Please add me. ❌ To remove yourself from this taglist, press the Post to Thread button below and write the exact words Please remove me. ------------------------- Current taglist as of 9 August 2024 (updated by @tommy) @AnimalLover2006 @Bella20 @braveFig6308 @dapperLunch1747 @daydreammemories @Gettingbettertoday @HarmonyBlossom @LucyGray1799 @Ninahdy @OakSerenity @politePeach9642 @raspberry563 @reginalistener18 @spectacularApricot7089 @tidyCurrent1882 @tommy
Systemic Psychotherapy for Friendship Support
by SoulfullyAButterfly
Last post
January 23rd
...See more Are you interested in improving your relationships, understanding yourself better, and developing new skills? If yes, you may be eligible to participate in our study. What is Systemic Therapy? Systemic therapy is a form of psychotherapy that focuses on relationships between people and the patterns of interaction within the systems that impact the well-being of the individuals within the system. Healthy systems are encouraged by seeking balance within the system, as well as working on the roles and relationships involved. What is the Purpose of This Study? The purpose of this study is to explore how systemic psychotherapy-informed growth paths and listener training can help people to achieve personal growth and positive change. We want to understand how participating in the growth path or listener training can affect your relationships, thoughts, behaviour, and feelings, and how your past experiences influence your current patterns, behaviour, and relationships. What Are the Benefits of Participating? By participating in this study, you will: * Learn more about systemic therapy and how it can help you improve your relationships and well-being * Gain insights into your own patterns, behaviour, and feelings, and how they are influenced by your past and present experiences * Develop new skills and techniques * Contribute to research by answering questionnaires How Can You Sign Up? If you are interested in participating in this study, please read the full advertisement and sign-up form here [https://www.7cups.com/forum/siteupdates/SoulfullyAButterflysContentGarden_2136/ResearchParticipationOpportunitySystemicPsychotherapyinformedGrowthPathandListenerTraining_311588/]. We will contact you to confirm your eligibility and provide you with more information. Hurry up, as we have limited time available to participate in this research opportunity!
Any One Struggled with expressing their love to theirs old fashioned parents??
by PaluCare14
Last post
June 21st
...See more Heart warming answers are always appriciates.
Feeling Lonely
by simplyexisting28493
Last post
June 7th
...See more I just moved back home (hopefully temporarily from college). I am in a space of waiting to hear back what happens next. I don't have any friends at home and I live in a non-walkable small town with no mode of transportation. Feeling stuck 🥺
Friendship Support Automated Taglist!
by tommy
Last post
March 19th
...See more Welcome to the Friendship Support Taglist This thread is an auto-updating list. The list is regularly updated by forum leaders and can be found below. Having issues? Reply below and someone will help you! Why should I join the taglist? ✔ Never miss out on sub-community check-ins, discussions or events ✔ Get tagged and notified by community leaders whenever a new relevant thread has been posted ✔ Become a more active member of the community. What do I need to do? ✅ To add yourself to this taglist, press the Post to Thread button below and write the exact words Please add me. ❌ To remove yourself from this taglist, press the Post to Thread button below and write the exact words Please remove me. ------------------------- Current taglist as of 9 August 2024 (updated by @tommy) @AnimalLover2006 @Bella20 @braveFig6308 @dapperLunch1747 @daydreammemories @Gettingbettertoday @HarmonyBlossom @LucyGray1799 @Ninahdy @OakSerenity @politePeach9642 @raspberry563 @reginalistener18 @spectacularApricot7089 @tidyCurrent1882 @tommy
Happy Palentine 's Day
by incredibleRainbows2036
Last post
February 15th
...See more Hey Amazing people,                                                                It's Palentine 's Day . This day is celebrated annually on 13th February to celebrate Platonic Friendships which give us support,  love , care and acceptance.  But is also celebrated on 14th as it is complement with Valentine's day.  There are friends who we love platonically and could not imagine our live without.  So I created this post to celebrate such platonic friendships which mean the world to us .  Happy Palentine 's Day to my Friends and my friends to be  Tagging a few people I care a lot about :                                    @justmeeva @DarkerPlaces @LoveMyMoonflowers @Regan18 @Iloveyouxx @Alexo0010 @teenmorgan16 @katedoskocilova @unassumingeyes @PurrfectlyFine @Tobedoctor @Mahad2804 @tuffattack @CallumCares421 @Ellez5427 @justnomo @AshleyTheHappyAthiest @KristenHR @EmmaE @theboymoana @FaithfulZareia @steph8402 @ALeXaNdEr0712  @Bunnylovesyou @VioletNotes  @TinyWhisper  @AffyAvo @unassumingEyes  @Lenapaige @SmollPeridotsBreakdown @THE1NONLYVENUS @Tinywhisper11 @KristenMama  ( I included a little less of my member friends but it doesn't mean and will never mean that I  don't like or care about you . I like and want to support everyone I could because I believe that spreading love is the purpose of my life . It is just I  am a little forgetful person and hence sometimes don't remember people xD) ( Also this is my last post before going on break . Hopefully I'll be active on my member account but will surely go on a self care break due to my coming important exams. But hey ! Many people will go and many will come but let's always try and be positive and support each and everyone we can . )          (Also thanks for reading this post . This is my first time creating such post so please don't mind the errors . At the end , I want you to know that you are not alone , even if you think , you are not . Lots of love.  Take care . See you soon ☺💗)
You are not alone!
by Vagi
Last post
February 14th
...See more Hey everyone! Wanted to share something.  Everyone is going through their own problems in life, so do I. End of year 2024 literally went in crying even after having best friends. All I felt was lonely and I felt that why only me! But this is not the case. We feel that her life is shorted or his life is shorted.. like in many Indian family girls are going through lot of struggles, I was going through the same and I felt that my best friend don't have any such problem.. her family is supportive.. but today after talking to her openly got to know that she had been through a lot previous year! What we see isn't the truth always. You may see me happy, cracking jokes playing around but in reality I am into lot of problems. Today after talking to her I felt relieved that it's not only me.. sometimes even after having friends we feel lonely cause we don't open up, we think that what will she say about me. But If you need someone's help.. you are feeling alone, you need to ask for help, no one can help you if you don't express : D
Happy Gratitude Week!
by EmpathysGarden
Last post
November 27th, 2023
...See more (Colorful picture with desaturated pink, blue, purple, yellow, green, and orange waves. White frame in the center interrupts design. Two smiles faces adorn either corner. Insert Text: “Happy Gratitude Week! What are a few things you were grateful for this past week?”) Hello all! Over the holidays, I divided my time between my offline career, my 1*1 conversations, and family. Now that Thanksgiving has passed (who else celebrated?), I’m ready to get back into my groove.  I love the gratitude and kindness that arises in November. A few things I’m grateful for are the compassion of family members, the privilege and blessing of shelter and safety where I live, and the gift of continued opportunity and experience. Also for cute puppies and holiday lattes.  Tell me what’s you’re grateful for in the comments! :) talk soon! 
Magical Monday Check In
by EmpathysGarden
Last post
November 21st, 2023
...See more 🪄✨ Hey Cuppers! It's 'Magical Monday Check-In' time! Grab your wands (or mugs) and let's sprinkle some positivity. How's your Monday enchantment going? Share your magical moments or if any mischievous gnomes tried to steal your energy! ✨🌈 #MagicalMondayVibes
Crafting Smiles: Spreading Daily Sunshine
by EmpathysGarden
Last post
November 17th, 2023
...See more Hey Cuppers! 🌟✨ How did you spread kindness on National Kindness Day? Share your heartwarming tales! Let's make kindness a daily adventure – because who says it's just for one day? 🤗💖 #Kindness365 #ShareTheLove -Yours, Garden
Exciting News! EmpathysGarden Joins as a Forum Supporter 🌟
by EmpathysGarden
Last post
November 13th, 2023
...See more Hey 7 Cups Community, I'm thrilled to share some exciting news – I am now part of our amazing leadership team as a Forum Supporter! 🎉 I am honored to accept this new role. A little about me: I’m a third-year undergraduate student currently on a 4-month internship, completing an honors project with 7 Cups. Beyond the virtual realm, I wear many hats – pediatric therapist, partner, sister, and daughter. My personal mission is to make a lasting, positive impact on every individual and expand community outreach in mental health and psychology. As a Forum Supporter, I aim to create a safe space for all members and listeners to interact and find support. It's my mission to foster a welcoming environment. By the way, today is my birthday 🎂! I love spending birthdays exploring museums, art galleries, and tea gardens. What's your go-to birthday celebration? Best, EmpathysGarden
Introducing Myself
by EmpathysGarden
Last post
November 4th, 2023
...See more Hello all, I wanted to take the opportunity to introduce myself. I have a little bio on my profile if you want to check that out but otherwise,  My name is Empathy or Garden, though I'm occasionally called Emp or Riley. I'm a passionate listener on 7 cups and eager to help support an accepting, welcoming, diverse, and friendly community. Transitioning into my third year in college, I felt lonely and escaped to 7 cups for solace. I was so pleased to meet some of the most amazing people, and I'm committed now to making sure everyone can have those same, positive experiences. I'm in my twenties I'm a psychology major  I work with children  I love yoga, pilates, a short run, a walk in the morning, and strength training I'm a vegan with an undeniable sweet tooth I love to read, write, throw a vinyl on the record player, and be active here with all of you!  Introduce yourselves! Let's be friends!  Excited to meet all of you, soon~ 
Home Sweet Sundays
by EmpathysGarden
Last post
November 4th, 2023
...See more Hello all!  Happy Sunday from my side of the world!  I wanted to send out a little check in. How are you all doing?  Sending hopes and wishes that you all are somewhere safe, far from harm, comfortable, and well. You’re never alone so don’t hesitate to drop into the forum or a listener chat for company.  See you all later! *big hugs and/or air fives!*

Friendship Support

Welcome to Friendship Support! Friendship is a wonderful thing and here is a place you can celebrate it. Whether you want to share your successful friendships or discuss the relationships which aren’t going so well, this is the place for you. We are a relatively new community so please do not hesitate to reach out to a leader if you have any suggestions or feedback.

What are the different forum topics for Friendship Support?

Community Space: A place for introductions, icebreakers, games, community check-ins and discussions.

Friendship: A place for you to discuss all things related to friendships.

How can I help?

You can help us by simply responding to threads and sharing your story (if you're comfortable). Check-in with us, join a discussion, or start one! Alternatively, you can join us as a Forum Leader. Check out this thread for more information.

Helpful Threads

Taglist: Do you want to stay up to date with our community? Then join our tag list to be notified whenever there is a new discussion or update within the community!

Friendship Support FAQ

Q: Are there any sub-community-specific guidelines that we need to adhere to?

A: You can find Sub-community-specific guidelines below, which you should follow in addition to the general forum guidelines.

Help! I still have a question! 

If you need help, feel free to contact a community leader or post here, and someone will contact you!