Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Just to much

Mikkimouser96 May 26th, 2021

Hello I’m 24 years old and been taking care of my gramma for many years but it’s been harder over the past year since she got really sick. My family told me they would step up and help but it has just been me doing mostly everything I just don’t know how much more I can handle

valekiki May 26th, 2021

I am so sorry to hear your gramma got really sick, hope she gets better. If your family wont step up and help, there are other people who are capable to do so. Professional people or depends on the type of sickness. Other solution is to express your feelings with your loved ones. Let them know how you are feeling and maybe they will step in. Hope you find a solution soon.

ashlyntheordinary June 9th, 2021

@Mikkimouser96

Heyy Mikki! It seems that you were put a lot of responsibilities at such a young age. Like the reply above stated, it would be best if your family helped you. However, if their busy schedule doesn't permit them, you can always try leaving it in the hands of a professional. Of course there would be many questions on whether they can be trusted or not, but that goes almost soon away as they spend more time with her.

I'm sure your grandma is thankful for all that you have done for her! Infact, I'm double sure that she's proud of you. Please do take your time deciding and I hope you are able to find an answer to it!

June 12th, 2021

@Mikkimouser96 I can imagine the burden it could feel on mind in such a situation. You must be having love for her, but it comes to feel beyond your capacity and you feel in need of some fresh air.