Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

afraid of coming out of the closet

secretBeing7702 March 22nd, 2021

I’m bisexual, and I often find myself wishing my parents knew about this, but they’re the most closed minded people i’ve ever met, I’m afraid they won’t want me anymore and I’m actually expecting them to kick me out of my house, I normally don’t care what they say about me because we have an awful relationship, I can’t talk to them without being judged and I don’t even talk to them about things about my true self, the last time I tried to talk to my mom I nonchalantly asked her what would she do if I told her I liked girls, and she looked at me with a disgusted face and told me she’d have a stroke because it wasn’t normal, (i have mommy issues lol), my cousin is gay and we promised we would come out together to my family and I know I won’t care what they say about me, i’ll just protect my cousin, but once I make sure he’s okay I know i’ll feel just how much everyone’s words will hurt and I probably won’t ask for help because I hate when people see me cry, it just makes me feel weak, that’s probably why I signed up on 7 cups

PeaceLoveandPaws March 23rd, 2021

@secretBeing7702

Deciding to come out is a very brave, personal jpurney. I applaude you for staying true to your authentic self. I understand your fears about family acceptance, especially since you mentioned your family is closed minded. I don't think crying is a sign of weakness on your part considering how much courage it takes to come out. Part of being true to yourself might also include accepting or acknowledging your feelings. Self kindness and self love are an important part of emotional wellbeing. Sending lots of love and support your way!

secretBeing7702 OP March 24th, 2021

thank you so much, i’ll try to remember that :,)