Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Worry about my mom passing

malkeaton June 6th, 2022

I take care of my 87-y-o mother. Honestly, she's my best friend. I do get overwhelmed taking care of her, but I'm lucky that she's still pretty self-sufficient. I've never really dealt with death before. All of my close family and friends are still alive. I know death is a part of life, but I'm so scared of her dying. I see people her age passing away, and it makes my anxiety grow. My fiance, who lost his father years ago, lets me know that there is no way to prepare for it, and he tries to quell my fears. But I just think of it constantly. I just don't want her to ever die. Hopefully I still have like ten years with her, but you just never know. I don't know how to get rid of my worry and make peace with the knowledge that she won't be here forever

anxietywarrior23 June 7th, 2022

@malkeaton

I'm sorry but enjoy the time with her

2aphod8eeblebrox June 30th, 2022

I have been with so many of my close family to the end, and I can tell you that what you are doing, taking care of your mother, is going to give you the strength to deal with her passing.

You will have these memories for as long as your brain works, and you will find solace in them eventually. Just be in the moment, talk to her, remember her thoughts and feelings.

I still remember all of my loved ones every day in different ways. In that way, you'll always have your mother.

Much love!