Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Supporting husband with severe depression

pvroom March 27th, 2021

Hi, I have two young kids and my husband has severe depression. He's always had depression but its severity goes up. Our kids have disabilities and it's hard work. I'm really aware that my husband's depression is not how he actually feels or thinks and that he can't snap out of it. But it's been so hard on me, I'm worn out. I have to care for him and my kids. I'm having physically symptoms which I know are a result of my own anxiety and stress. My anxiety is worse, it's always been mild-moderate but it's worse. I feel pulled in 50 different directions and it makes it hard to prioritise. I feel isolated and tired and cranky. I don't know what to do next.

Happy900 March 27th, 2021

@pvroom So sorry to here this.

Your Amazing.

Not only do you take care of your husband with depression,but you also have kids with disabilities as well.

Then you yourself have issues,with anxiety.

That is a handful.

I give you a lot of credit for all of this.

It sound like you could use a self-care break.

I hope you find time for yourself.

I hope you get to do some fun things.

Your a very strong person.

You really are.

pvroom OP March 27th, 2021

@Happy900 thanks so much Happy. Like just for now, my husband is taking the kids to swimming and I'm staying home alone, which is very rare so I can do study. I study because my brain fixates otherwise. But I had to make the lunch (it's lunchtime here) and snacks, pack bags, make him coffee and lunch, help get them in the car.... argh. I know it's hard for him, but that doesn't make it easier for me. So tired!