Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

My boyfrieds mother hate me

vvvv17 July 29th, 2021

I been in a relationship for about 1yr my bf is 29 so am i. We started living together and we are fine but his mom is making his life *** because he is with me... let me explain i am a single hard working mom of 2 children ages 9 and 7 .but his mom wont stop saying i am the one taking his son money... to be honest i given him more money that he has pitched in since we been living together . He is very sentimental and cries because his mom is mad i hate beeing judged i work my *** off but no one sees it. I dont want recognition but now that im finally doing something good and getting my life together profesional and emotional everyone gives the credit to my boyfriend saying that because of him im doing better. It get me so sad iyts like no one sees how hard it was for me to get here..

(Edited for content by @peaceloveandpaws)

PeaceLoveandPaws July 30th, 2021

@vvvv17

First, I'd like to say congratulations on your achievments both emotionally and professionally. I understand how tough it is to be a single mom and how hard you've worked to get to a good place. I can't imagine how invalidating it feels to be treated so poorly by your boyfriend's mom. Your household finances are not her business but it sounds like she's trying to make it her business. What boundaries might you be able to put into place with regards to his mom? You mentioned your boyfriend loves his mom and feels sentimental towards his family. Does he have an interest in setting boundaries with her? Is that something you can work on together, as partners?