Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Alone

crimsonBranch4384 August 25th, 2021

Maybe this is pathetic, but I hate being lonely. I'm married but I have no friends. I guess that's silly but I honestly feel alone.

Swede71 August 25th, 2021

@crimsonBranch4384 It's not silly. Do you even feel lonely with your partner?

crimsonBranch4384 OP August 25th, 2021

Yes. I do. I mean we love each other, but we both have our own interests. I try to share hers, but sometimes it doesn't work well. Plus, I guess I just miss having someone else to share with. A friend.

Thanks for saying I'm not silly.

tallKiwi5819 September 20th, 2021

I am also in a similar kind of situation. Married for 12 years but there are things that I can't discuss with him. Don't want to share with my family or siblings as we are not so close. Sharing with people I interact regularly along with him seems to be a dangerous idea. So basically, I always run out of options and talk to myself. Never imagined being an adult can be so lonely.

Heather317 September 20th, 2021

That is not pathetic. I have been married for 9 years. My husband has been controlling and caused to many problems with my friends for them to want to deal with it. Plus I have 3 kids. So we lost touch. I have had mental health problems for the past 20 years or so. I am bipolar. He doesn’t believe in things like that. He works all the time and is never home. Then he only notices I’m there when he wants something. You are not alone I promise u! I feel for u and I am sorry you have to go through that. It’s painful.