Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Worry from Others- 6 yrs past

cellogirl01 April 3rd, 2017

I have been free of the control of the eating disorder voice for about 6 years. However, I still have trouble maintaining my weight because of lasting effects of acid reflux and loss of appetite. I no longer have the desire to starve myself or purge, but I am certainly still underweight. I am very self conscious about it (YAY for not wanting to be skinny-mini!!) because I don't want to worry my family or friends. Just this weekend, my dad said I needed to eat more. That I was too skinny. Its hard, because I try to be healthy. Exercise a little and eat what tastes good. I am NOT trying to lose weight. And I find its hard to talk to people about wanting to gain weight because most people have the opposite problem. I don't know what I'm asking. I'm new here and just looking for someone to say...I understand. How are you curbing questions and worry from family when YOU know you are doing the right thing?

Laraland April 4th, 2017

@cellogirl01 well done on successfully battling the eating disorder voice! One of the most difficult things of recovery is convincing the people who were hurt by your disorder, that you're really recovered. That you won't go back to these harmful things. I experienced that too.

I understand you're still struggling with some physical results of your eating disorder, so I can imagine that that makes it harder to show that you really are better. Your body will find it's weight and your environment will realise you're better but it really takes time. Take care!