Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

binge eating

orangeSpruce9113 June 8th

hi ive been struggling with binge eating for a while now. it started when i gained a lot of weight (freshman 15 vibes) last year and so i began restricting and ended up losing a lot of weight this year within a few months and was very happy but i was undereating and couldn’t sustain that so i began to eat more again and then the binging started. ive gained all the weight back and maybe even more and ive never struggled so badly with my mental health. my self confidence is gone and i am constantly having to force my mind to stop thinking so negatively about myself. i know i have it in me to stop binging but im really struggling because of how much i hate my body/the way i look and i just dont know how to love myself again :( im also going home for summer in one week and im so scared to see my family and friends bc i feel like theyre all going to judge me for gaining weight

Seashellgiraffe June 10th

I have been dealing with basically the same thing. My weight has fluctuated so much throughout being at college between restricting periods and binging periods. I seem to be stuck in the binging and I can’t stand my body. It’s so hard because I feel embarrassed but I know it’s a struggle sooo many people go through. I wish I had a solution but we just have to know that if any one is judging you for your weight they’re not your friends and don’t deserve you.

orangeSpruce9113 OP June 18th

yeah i know most of this is in my head. it is rly hard to look at myself, feel embarrassed about the way i look, but then know that i cant lose the weight (at least not as quickly as i want to) because of the way i eat/binge. i feel trapped

jjessj181 June 27th
I had the same situation. I could not get rid of overeating. I started to struggle with it. When I ate a portion of food and wanted to eat more, I just drank a lot of water or ate fruits. And each time I tried to eat less. It was very difficult, but I managed. I also started working online and only had time at night since I was in college during the day. I found https://betterme.world/articles/12-hour-night-shift-meal-plan/ and it helped me to eat healthy and low calorie food. I also tried to find time for sports and it helped me listen. But by the end I still haven't gotten rid of the problem with overeating