Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

TW: Eating Disorder Rant

olive4918 November 7th, 2021

This post really does get into some triggering thoughts of mine and some triggering situations and habits. Please don’t read this if you are searching for help. This was a rant, it really will not help you if you are looking for support.

If you do read this, thank you for listening to me and I wish you the best.

I have always struggled with body image and insecurities. But sometimes I will be completely okay and be able to eat normally, and then it plummets and I will not be able eat for weeks. I haven’t eaten correctly in almost a week and a half. I have gone three days without eating anything at all, but the other days I have very small snacks so that I do not get headaches or pass out.

I feel like my family is encouraging it. I finally talked myself in to going to the kitchen and getting a bagel, a bagel would be the biggest thing I have eaten recently. I was proud of myself, but when I went in the kitchen my dad saw me and he said “Maybe you should’ve eaten dinner.” I just put the bagel back and quietly went to my room. I heard my mom lecture him and say “Do you want her to go hungry?” and he said “Maybe she should go hungry if she can’t eat dinner with us.”

This hurt me because now the phrase “Maybe she should go hungry.” continues to repeat in my head. I am really hungry, but at the same time I am not hungry at all. And I realized I am fine without food. I feel like the taste isn’t worth the calories and the fat.

I am truly not over weight, but I would like to have a flat stomach and less fat arms. Then I would be happy with myself. I have tried working out, but I never have had the motivation for it, and I can’t go to a real gym so I have always been stuck at home doing home workouts.

Anyways, I just want to be happy with myself. Thanks for reading this, and whatever you are going through I hope it gets better soon.

VioletSpringGlade November 21st, 2021

@olive4918

Thanks for sharing. Yes it does sound like your father wasn't helping in that circumstance. It sounds like he doesn't understand or know how to support you.... I think those words were more about his frustration and impatience, which are nothing to do with you, they are things he has to deal with. It sure can be harder to heal/change/recover when we have repeated things like that going on. 💛

kindheartedLily December 4th, 2021

@olive4918@olive4918

Hi, olive4918. Thank you for sharing and reaching out so bravely. It sounds as though you're really struggling. It makes perfect sense that you feel hurt by what your dad said. That comment was hurtful! I imagine it wasn't helpful and only intensified those eating disorder thoughts. How have you been managing to continue with your recovery?