Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Possible ED?

lightSnorlax5171 April 30th, 2021

So I feel bad for posting here since I'm probably overreacting, but I have to know. Do I have a eating disorder? I eat at dinner, snack most of the day, and at night I'm eating another meal. My eating schedule is shot. I usually don't have breakfast, rarely have lunch. Just snacks. Dinner is when I go hog wild, and then at night I have second dinner, maybe a third. I had potatoes and steak, for dinner, ice cream cake for dessert (special occasion) but a few hours later I was still hungry and had two waffles and a full can of soda, and now I'm hungry again. .

Amy May 3rd, 2021

@lightSnorlax5171 Hello there! It's totally okay to post here, this is a safe and supportive space to talk about it and get support. Although we are not medical professionals to be able to answer the question "Do I have an eating disorder?", it is valid you have the concern. How would you feel about bringing this up to your doctor and see what they say? That aside, eating disorders by the book are very limited to specific criteria and people who are not in the eating disorder roam might think that it's only valid when you check the boxes for the criteria, but that is not how it works. Eating disorders are mental disorders and if you have a disordered relationship with food it is very valid. Often when we deny food (it can be due to restriction or just a busy schedule or just lack of motivation to make the food) during the day, our body needs that fuel so it tries to overcompensate and ask for more and more food later at night. It can be one of the reasons why your body gives you the hunger signals, but take it with a grain of salt because it can also not be that of course, it can also be that we are so busy all day but then at night we don't do much and might even get bored and sometimes the mind can crave food due to boredom. It could be a lot of things and you know your situation the best, these are just some common suggestions. What do you think?