Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I don't even know what's wrong with me.

colorfulSpace22 December 27th, 2014

I'm sure there is something wrong with me. My name is Ana (really it is, I'm from Croatia). I'm not sure if I'm anorexic. I really don't eat much, most of the time I don't realize that I'm hungry but when I eat it's like Chocolate, or any other Sweets. I can't eat vegetables, I have to vomit. Sometimes I eat apples but it's the only fruit I eat. I don't know if not eating vegetables is a eating disorder, is it? As a child I was forced to eat vegetables but I was always stubborn. I really want to change that. It's not that I dontwant to, I just cant and have to vomit.

Olivia62 December 30th, 2014

Hello Ana :) Although I am no professional doctor and am not trained I believe that you may have 'disordered eating'. From what you have told us, you do not meet the criteria for Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia or Binge-Eating Disorder. However, it is advisable for you to go the doctors and attempt to help your eating issues. Good luck Ana :3

Celaeno January 30th, 2016

@colorfulSpace22, I hope you're feeling fine, lovely. You post this a year ago, but there is something in your text that made me reply to it after such a long time. You mentioned not eating a whole food groups, like fruits or vegetables. I am not a professional in any way, but it sounds to me that it can be linked in some way with selective eating disorder (SED).

Again, I am not here to make any diagnosis about your life, because I don't know you and your situation, but maybe it is something which will help you with your struggle. If you want to learn more about it, there is a community thread on SED. Maybe that is something which will interest you.

All the best!