Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Healing/Mindfulness Exercises

moonbaby9574 September 17th, 2015

So I've recently gotten connected with an ED mentor to help me through my recovery. She suggested that in order to better cope with the stresses of life that I should practice some healing exercises, for example, writing down all of the feelings I have that make me want to binge/purge on a piece of paper and then setting that piece of paper on fire. Does anyone have any other ideas for verbal/writing exercises to promote emotional mindfulness?

Anomalia September 17th, 2015

@moonbaby9574 - If you go to the top of the 7 Cups webpage, there should be a tab that says 'self help' and under that is a link to a bunch of mindfulness exercises that might help. Take care!

Chiaroscuro1 September 17th, 2015

@moonbaby9574 -You can try free writing. Julia Cameron calls it "morning pages " and explains it well in her book "The Artist's Way ". It basically means writing down everything that comes into your head in full sentences and without stopping until you've filled 3 A4 pages. I have expressed myself and come to many insights, answers, ideas and solutions this way - and particularly towards the end of my 3 - page write for the day. If you need more information I'll try to help, but googling Cameron, Artist's way or morning pages might get you to better explanations. I think it is also called "stream of consciousness " writing.