Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Haven’t had an appetite at all for 5 years

ScarredShepherd June 10th, 2021

I haven’t had an appetite since high school senior year after a terrible break up and also once I started smoking weed at that time. I’ve always had a lot of childhood traumas I never dealt with and idk I feel all of it came together and now I haven’t had an appetite for 5 years. I quit smoking weed 3 years ago so I don’t know what to do. I honestly feel like an alien among everyone cuz I forgot what it feels like to be hungry

cuteOrange213 June 11th, 2021

@ScarredShepherd

Hello<3! I am Parvi/Orange. I am sorry to hear you are going through such a confusing time. It's completely okay to feel the way you are feeling. Why do you think you have lost the feeling of hunger?
Hope to hear from you soon. Take care!
heart

Parvi/Orange

ScarredShepherd OP June 12th, 2021

Hi thanks for your response, I wasn’t expecting one honestly. I think I lost my hunger because of the weed and also I tried to always avoid reality and maybe I need to be hungry for the right stuff spiritually, not fake things anymore.. it’s just annoying because I’ve grown a lot and yet I’m never hungry

June 12th, 2021

i know for me if i am feeling really stressed my appetite completely disappears. i think you should slowly get into the habit of eating again starting with your favorite foods. also try to surround yourself with friends or family to eat with because it’ll help distract you. getting active is another way to feel hungry. when you wake up in the morning, drink a glass full of water and busy yourself with a task such as cleaning your home or getting ready for the day. usually within 30 minutes to an hour my appetite becomes active. sending you love.