Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

First time actually eating all 4 meals

secretSea3461 May 15th, 2023

I have been bulimic on and off since 09. But for the past few years I have become anorexic. Not even eating 1000 calories a day. I’m trying hard to eat more, but it’s hard. Usually I’ll just have yogurt and a handful of crackers for lunch. For dinner some chicken. People always make comments about my eating habits, saying, “no wonder you’re so small, you don’t” they say that when I pass up food someone offers me because it’s hard for me to eat more than what I do now. I’m also afraid of gaining weight. This is what happens when you don’t get help for your ED like I should have. But today was the first time in a long time I have eaten all 4 meals. For breakfast a breakfast burrito. Lunch, goldfish. For dinner I ate several wings my brother made along with stuffed shells and garlic bread. For dessert chocolate cake my nephew made. I must say I actually feel pretty good. Maybe this is a sign I need to start eating more?

Sunisshiningandsoareyou May 15th, 2023

@secretSea3461

Aww it *is* hard and your struggles are super valid. It's so annoying for people to pass on comments as that, no matter how much they want to say those things "from a place of concern"~ thanks, but no thanks. *-*

It's certainly not easy as they think/ say it is, and again, your struggles are valid, you trying your best despite the struggles is so much commendable and I'm really proud of you for it. So happy to hear you had a good meal, after a while, and it felt good to you~ that's it, this right here, feeling good to *you* is what matters the most. One meal at a time, aye?! You got this, at your pace and comfort always! ❤

The mention of chocolate cake has me drooling though haha, yay for having a nephew who bakes yum cakes! 🥰

secretSea3461 OP May 15th, 2023

Thank you so much. It was definitely a refresher eating and not feeling guilty. And cake is something I had not had in a while because of my ED. But I had piece for my nephew. It was worth it. Great cake

Sunisshiningandsoareyou May 16th, 2023

@secretSea3461 So so proud of you!<3