Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Ed and my dad

understandingOcean8592 May 29th, 2022

So ive recently found my self struggling with food . I like to control it , and when i fail to do that i feel upset . I think my dad has somethink to do with that . Growing up i really enjoyed food , any forms of it , especially sweets i sometimes ate "big" amounds of food, (not in an unusual way i dont really know how to explain it) . I didnt have a stop . I just loved food . ( i didnt have any medical condition i was and am very healthy ) Until my dad sat down and had a "conversation" with my sister , while i was literally next to him , about the fact , on his words, that i was bulimic, a sugar junkie, obsessed with food, and probably gonna have diabetes and die by the age of 15 . He didnt even spoke a word to me , even tho i did. Like i was some kind of an animal. It was so traumatic . I didnt really talked about it w anyone . So maybe , even tho i didnt try to control the amound of food i eat or really thought about it after this incident , subconsciously it effected me ??

caringSun8693 May 29th, 2022

@understandingOcean8592 hey. I am so sorry that this happened to you. The conversation with your dad does sound really awful. If you need anyone to talk to please feel free to reach out to me. I wish the best for you <3