Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Don't have a disorder but feel close

AshaCeleste September 9th, 2016

I haven't been diagnosed with Anorexia or any eating disorders, but I feel like I may be on that path.

Really often lately I get extremely concerned with my body and my weight, to a point where I skipped a few meals or considered making myself vomit. Sometimes I even feel fatter than I actually am, and it's beginning to scare me.

I feel like I'm on a really bad path right now.

EleNergy September 10th, 2016

@AshaCeleste I'm sorry you're feeling this way about yourself right now and I hope it gets better. I know what it's like to feel consumed by your body image - I've had those ideas since elementary school, but trust me, eating healthy and exercising moderately is what will eep your body and mind in check. Wanting to lose weight doesn't always have to be a bad thing, it's when it becomes obsessive, things become scary and difficult. The most important thing to remember is that you are beautiful the way you are. You can get through this. Feel free to talk to a listener or find a therapist through 7 Cups to work through this. <3

AshaCeleste OP September 10th, 2016

@EleNergy My main problem is whenever I suggest healthy food in my house it only lasts like a couple days and it's never bought again. I don't even know exactly what would be healthy. As for exercise I try, but I'm too stupid and lazy to keep going. Maybe I'd be better off Anorexic. Least I'd look better.

There's something else that confuses me. People telling me to love myself the way I am, but at the same time encourage me to change myself.

EleNergy September 11th, 2016

@AshaCeleste You can still love yourself the way you are - even if you make changes, you are still you and that is awesome, that's what matters. Honestly, organizing foods into what is healthy and what isn't healthy can be silly - everything can be good for you and everything can be bad for you; what I'm saying is, just eat in moderation. I've recently done research on intuitive eating - eating whatever you want whenever you want, but notice when you're full. Here's a resource on how to intuitively eat and explains it better than I can:https://www.intuitiveeating.com/content/what-intuitive-eating

You won't look better anorexic. You look better when you are happy and healthy.

If you're looking into "healthy foods" you can start with lean meats, like chicken and turkey, and of course, fruits and vegetables are awesome. You can eat carbs for sure, but again, it's all about moderation. Stick with complex carbs that will keep you fuller, like breads and pastas, rather than simple carbs like sugars and candies that won't fill you.

Let me know if you need more resources to assist you, but please, you can do it. If you want to exercise, start small with walking. Walks can be so relaxing and so simple and still make a difference. You can get through this, I know it.