Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What ED?

bluePenny9242 June 23rd, 2019

Hi, this is my first time posting here so fingers crossed i do this right haha..anyways lately Ive been looking into all types of EDs to figure some stuff out, mostly was focused on Bulimia. And what i didnt find was the nonbinging bulimia, everysite and book would say that bulimia would start with binging or over eating then purging..but i want to know if a person didnt overeat, like lets say ate below average, and felt extremely guilty and bad afterwards that they ended up purging. Would that be considered Bulimia? or anorexia? Both?

bubblyerin June 23rd, 2019

Im not sure, @bluePenny9242, but if you lean more towards purging your food then I guess bulimia. If its possible, maybe seek help from a medical professional for a diagnosis and treatment. smiley

Anomalia June 28th, 2019

@bluePenny9242 Hey there - this pretty much describes what I struggled with for a long time. The categorization of eating disorders is a bit funny because there are a few with VERY specific criteria (bulimia involving binging and purging, anorexia involving restricting, etc.), and then a huge amount that are all in the catch all bucket of OSFED (Other Specified Feeding or Eating Disorder) - that can be anything from restricting, but not having ammenorhia to purging without binging first to binging and purging but not with the frequency in a bulimia diagnosis. I think, though, that what's more important than the specific diagnosis is recognizing that it's an eating disorder and something that deserves support to heal from.