Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I feel embarrassed

joyyy123 May 15th, 2021

I am suffering from bulimia nervosa, but the only thing i didn't want was my family to find out. Unfortunately, my mom and my aunt found out about it, they talked to me and they were worried, ever since they found out everything got worse and my suicidal thoughts increased. I can't accept the fact that they know, i can't even look them in the eye, i feel extremely embarrassed and uncomfortable aroud them and I'm worried they might tell someone else about what I'm going through.

ashou May 15th, 2021

maybe them knowing is a good thing because you might be able to get help? you could tell them about how you're struggling and let them help you. i wish my parents could know, i tried telling them but they think i throw up involuntarily... i don't know how to bring it up to them that i have eating issues in this way so i definitely feel you and i know this isn't easy as it sounds. i hope everything will be okay and one day we won't be struggling with this anymore. ❤️

rrretsuko May 15th, 2021

@joyyy123 it's okay to feel this way about them finding out <3 it's understandable. what you're going through is a struggle for you, and for your family to find out about it can make it feel even worse, i get it. it can be hard knowing that your family is aware of these things, especially if they find out themselves. but i believe in you and things can get better <3 maybe they can help you, i hope. you have our support <3 also, if you are having suicidal thoughts, please refer here for a crisis support line as the listeners on 7 cups are not trained to help with situations like these.