Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Family support advice

Lintspace March 27th, 2021

Hello. I apologize if this is off topic. My wife suffers everyday with bulimia nervosa. And I am looking for resources and support networks. I spend lots of time online trying to educate myself on how best to support her and I do my best. But ultimately I am scared to offer too much advice as I am no medical professional nor her therapist. I am nonjudgmental, caring, empathetic, and generally full of optimism. But these are really trying times and I feel I need some new solutions and support if I am going to continue to be there for my wife. And unfortunately, we currently live in different countries so it puts a strain on how I can be there for her, and how we communicate. Thanks

hulahoopgal April 17th, 2021

This is hard. I am thinking just being encouraging but not dismissing of her feelings as they are very real to her. I know my husband walks a fine line with me too. This is especially hard because of the distance. Perhaps you can find resources by googling in her area. Does she express that she wants to get better?