Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

weight gain from BED

IreneC July 17th, 2020

I self-diagnosed this disorder, sorry about that. I do have been struggeling with this for years, but honestly found out about the disorder like 2 years ago maybe. I binge more when I am anxious, which is very often lately. I would say about times a week now. I even buy candy etc with money I should not spend because I am trying to save money to get away from my toic family and abusive dad.

Lately it has caused me to gain weight, because as it is very warm here I can no longer go running. The thing is I have to be outside between 6-8 am which is when the temp. is lowest, but with my new sleeping meds for insomnia (Loprazolam) I cannot wake up before 07:30 am. Also, th heat makes it very hard to fall asleep early. Lots of times I also don't want to sleep or can't because of a stomach ache caused by the binging. it is a vicious cicle, because running helped calm my anxieties down. I'm thinking of going running late at night as I am awake anyways, but this could def interfere with my sleep.

Would love to hear your thoughts on this. Thanks in advance.

CriesFromSmiles123 July 17th, 2020

@IreneC

Really sorry about this. Please stay strong. *hugs*

sympatheticKitten8138 July 21st, 2020

@IreneC hello. For me setting a strict regimen around what time I eat (keep a 10 hour feeding window, no eating outside of it), and sticking only to paleo foods really helped. I even lost weight.

But at the same time I know this is an extreme health nut option and probably not that realistic. For example me three years ago wouldnt have been able to follow these plans

but just something to keep in mind! Cheers :D

Tesslovesbooks July 29th, 2020

Hello! Im sorry to hear about the struggles youve been having. I know what its like and this community is here to support your healing.

Personally, I am working through this module https://www.cci.health.wa.gov.au/Resources/Looking-After-Yourself/Disordered-Eating

and it is very helpful! I highly recommend trying it out.

Know youre not alone and that I feel your pain.

@IreneC