Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Wanting to be Hospitalized??

muteTheVoice7196 July 23rd, 2015

Okay, so it may sound weird, but I'm 13, I'm anorexic and I want to be hospitalized. I feel like if there is someone of authority making me eat, then can't protest against everything I tell myself. Anyone else who can relate??

intuitiveLiberal4247 July 23rd, 2015

I'm so glad you want to help yourself through your situation! Please know that there are people out here who support you through everything. Even if you're not admitted, please try to eat regularly. Start small, setting goals along the way. For example, "eat two small snacks throughout the day." You're beautiful and stronger than you know!

BerryTea July 23rd, 2015

Im very proud that YOU want the rehab. You are 13!!! You have so much to enjoy and live!!! The thing is that you know that this thing is not just about the food. I have a healthy weigh now, but I still feeling fat and ugly and with so many problems. Its good that you want someone to makes you eat. But you also need that other thing that will makes your want to eat by yourself. :) it's a first step. A good idea. I'm 24 and I wish I could have that courage, instead of that, I choose to still hating myself and eat less than a baby

Anomalia July 24th, 2015

@muteTheVoice7196 - I think it makes perfect sense. I did my recovery largely on my own, and I often felt that it would help a lot to be in a treatment facility where they would make some of the difficult decisions for me while I relearned what 'normal' portions were and how to know when I needed food. Do you feel like you can talk to your parents about how you're feeling? How would they react if you told them you thought you needed more intense treatment?

@BerryTea - You said that you wish you could have the same courage, but I think you do have it. I've seen you opening up around the forums, and that takes a lot of strength to do. I would encourage you to reach out for the support you need to heal, whether here or elsewhere.

Take care, both.

TinyBuddha22 August 4th, 2015

You are really brave hun. I was hospitalized and i don't think I would've come so far in recovery if I hadn't. Let me tell you that it's scary as hell but its so worth it. Your eating disorder will resist but you will start to discover yourself. You deserve the best life. You deserve to recover. It only continues to get worse if you don't reach out. And you are so brave for wanting your life back. I wish you the best of luck! <3