Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Would anyone else find a section for

ShojoBakunuy September 11th, 2014

Joint issues run in my family and my Grandmother?s shoulder has been unfixable for years and she needed both knees replaced over the years. My uncle had to have both his hips replaced and he has the same condition I do, but his was mild and in both hips while mine is bad and only in one. The condition is called slipped capital femoral epiphysis and it is very common in my Grandmothers side of the family.

I?ve needed a hip replacement since my 2nd surgery was botched when I was 12 and I was told in the last month that I?m too young to get a replacement, I?m 33, and that I need to wait until I?m as close to 50 as possible? So I have chronic pain on top of PTSD and other ?Issues?.

Would anyone else want to talk about orthopedic and chronic pain conditions? How mental health impacts chronic pain and vice versa?

Mugicha September 11th, 2014

Yes, seems a good one to add, I have orthopedic issues myself. Can really relate to the botched operation - the surgeon messed up my scoliosis op, leaving me with nerve damage. It's altered my whole life pretty much. Feel free to send me a message, also.

Philip2 September 11th, 2014

I would love one since my girlfriend just had surgery to repair a dislocating knee and a fractured kneecap. Add to it, she just tore the ACL in the same knee.

WonderlandDream3 October 25th, 2014

I would really love one as well! I have Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome type 3 which causes chronic joint issues and would love a section where I could vent in and get tips from!

Kristynsmama October 27th, 2014

I would find orthopedic topics beneficial. I have Rhumatoud arthritis and suffer from joint pain. I'm happy to support anyone dealing with joint issues. I have supported my dad through both a hip and knee replacement and my mom through spinal surgery.

~Angel