Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Chronic pain

VaehStanifer July 5th, 2023

Does anyone Have any recommendations or remedies that help with mainly back pain. I have severe scoliosis that causes so much pain and a condition that makes all pain much worse than it should be. I’d really appreciate it if anybody could help

AffyAvo July 8th, 2023

@VaehStanifer Have you done physiotherapy before? Sometimes addressing some of the muscle imbalances that occur with scoliosis can help somewhat. I like to soak in a bath when I'm feeling sore, that helps sometimes.

VaehStanifer OP July 10th, 2023

Yes I have, I also have a chiropractor. But I have a chronic pain condition that is partially physical and partially mental as well..

AaronInLakewood July 22nd, 2023

You should definitely consult with a your physical therapist or a doctor before trying this.

But what helped me was actually being more active. I know that might sound impossible. In my case the trick was to start very small. Maybe just a walk around the block. And at first even that hurt, but when it didn’t keep things

flared up for too long I kept doing it.

Then, I very slowly increased. Two blocks. Two and a half blocks. Maybe some lifting with very light weights. Sometimes I would try something and it would flare things up, so I’d have to back off and try something else. But even when there were setbacks as long as I kept at it I was slowly able to do a little more and more.

Does it still hurt in my case? Yes, always. And no, I still can’t do all the things I want. But I can do a lot more then when I started, and with a lot less pain.