Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

im so scared

littlesadcutebunny October 2nd, 2016

i was always mentally unstable, i had to live with depression for a long time, i was getting better, but now im only getting worse, i may have leukemia but since idk yet my brain just won't let me sleep and everything hurts in and outside and i just wanted to relax and to be okay

SpectreOfLife October 2nd, 2016

@littlesadcutebunny

I often wish sleep and me could get along better, maybe even develop a lasting relationship involving being well-rested! I worry myself sick, with or without the help of having any mental instabilities or 'help' from others opinions. Having worrying as such a die-hard hobby, makes it a lot more difficult to sleep, or keep negative things off of my mind; which means things just too often seem gloomy and oppressive.

In situations where time can be one of the most helpful things, it seems to make time slow down, painfully so. Finding a healthy distraction or a method to cope with a given problem can often mean a big difference with coping well and just going through the motions.

Still, be it mental illness or physical sickness, a healthy spirit can be a wonderful coping mechanism that may end up changing the struggle you deal with. I worry too much so I find a positive distraction and try to get my head in a healthier place- it isn't a cure but it's a something, a something far more important than most will ever really understand, until perhaps time has passed enough to not crawl by so painfully slow.

Please try not to allow your own negative thoughts or worries become a problem all their own, when your mind can be a healthy ally in fighting illnesses of the mind and body.
Good luck, I hope you find some good news soon or a healthy way to cope with all your own worries

ambitiousPlum8750 October 2nd, 2016

i'm so sorry littlesadcutebunny. that's got to be so scary- no wonder youre losing sleep. i know it's much easier said than done, but try to embrace the tiniest moments in life. sometimes we worry about the things that might not ever happen, and then time passes us by and we have spent much of that time preoccupied with negative thoughts. i do it myself, so i'm not one to preach. but distraction helps me and humor and cute little animal videos. :)

also the poem "the desiderata" has been very comforting to me during the darkest times. i also have struggled with depression for always. and it's funny because i am currently having a crying spell, and decided to write to you... mentioning the desiderata also reminded me that i should read it as well. lots of well wishes to you. you deserve to be ok in life.

here's a copy of the poem:

Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons.

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter, for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself. Especially, do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.

Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.

And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should. Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be.

And whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul. With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.

Max Ehrmann, "Desiderata".