Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Dealing with Herniated Discs: Discouragement and Support.

Lilishere August 4th, 2023

Hey everyone! I'm 21 years old, and since last September, I've been going through a tough time dealing with herniated discs in my cervical spine. It's been a really difficult few months, especially since the pain radiates into my right arm, and it's the worst feeling I've ever experienced.

I've tried physical therapies, seen various doctors, and taken different medications to ease the pain. But, on top of that, I've had to deal with discouraging comments from some people, which has made it challenging to pursue my graphic design career.

I was wondering if there are others in this forum who have faced similar conditions or something similar, as my loved ones don't seem to fully grasp the seriousness of my situation. Since it's not something visibly obvious, they expect me to continue with my life as if nothing's wrong, which can be frustrating given my diagnosis.

Despite the discouragement, I'm determined to push forward and find ways to manage the pain while continuing to pursue my passion in graphic design. Any advice or shared experiences would mean a lot to me. Thank you all for reading this and being a part of this community.

justjack2001 August 5th, 2023

I'm sorry to hear about the challenges you've been facing with your herniated discs. Dealing with chronic pain can be incredibly difficult, both physically and emotionally. It's admirable that you're determined to push forward and continue pursuing your passion in graphic design despite the discouragement. Remember to be patient with yourself and prioritize self-care. Finding ways to manage pain and seeking support from understanding friends, family, or professionals can make a significant difference.

Keep focusing on your passion, exploring ways to adapt your work environment to accommodate your condition, and don't hesitate to ask for help when needed. You have a strong spirit, and I believe you'll find the resilience to overcome these challenges. Take things one step at a time, and don't forget to celebrate your achievements, no matter how small they may seem. Wishing you the best on your journey of healing and pursuing your dreams!