Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I found something out today…

MartianGirl347 October 12th, 2023

I was doing new hire training involving housing laws, and I came across this statistic:

img-9744_1697070817.jpeg

(Can be found here: https://nationalfairhousing.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/2021-Fair-Housing-Trends-Report_FINAL.pdf)

And, idk… it just made me feel defeated. After finding out that I do have disabilities, I’ve recently realized how much of myself I’ve sacrificed for others or just because it’s just the path of least resistance, and I blamed myself for being such a pushover, but seeing these stats makes me wonder if the issue is due to how other people perceive us and expect us to look or act as people with disabilities.

I don’t understand it. It feels like people go out of their way to make sure others aren’t being treated fairly (this goes beyond disabilities, of course, as everyone has a right to be treated fairly).

I just needed to rant because it hit me hard seeing those statistics.

MartianGirl347 OP October 12th, 2023

DISCLAIMER: I did not read the whole document, so if I am wrong about something, feel free to correct me. I’d rather be told I’m wrong so I can correct myself.

Tinywhisper11 October 12th, 2023

@MartianGirl347 yeah there's way to much discrimination in the world, it's not fair. Racism, sexism, diabilityism it's just gone far enough now. Why can't we all just be free to be ourselves.

btw I also feel defeeted 😁😁(tw) I'm a double amputee 😂😂😂 defeeted haha!😂😂😂

MartianGirl347 OP October 12th, 2023

@Tinywhisper11

Why can't we all just be free to be ourselves.”

T R U T H

I went to a US government library recently and was appalled at how little thought went into making it accessible to all. You’d think the US government would follow the rules they made! But alas…

Just remember you’re a wonderful human being! 😊 feeling defeated can be an overwhelming feeling.