Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Come say hi

TiredTiggr October 17th, 2022

Hi.

I'm L... Or Tired Tiggr, coz I feel like I'm a constant state of exhaustion.

I'm a young(ish) Mum currently trying to balance parenting two little people with anxiety, depression, chronic pain caused by bilateral hip dysplasia and more recently found out I also have a bicuspid aortic valve.

I have an amazingly supportive family and group of friends, who try but don't really get it.

Their answer to the tears over the things I can't do with my kids because of my pain and gradually decreasing mobility is " so don't do it.. Tell them no... I'll do it for you..." it can be frustrating and invalidating. So I'm hoping to get to chat to some people who are perhaps in a similar situation and may understand how draining the constant pain is, or the sheer volume of hospital appointments, while trying to live as normal and active a life as possible.

I do promise that some of my conversation is more cheery than this 😊

I love to read (am always looking for good book recommendations) and draw, and when I'm able to, do crafts or baking or just act generally goofy with my kids

innateJoy9602 October 18th, 2022

@TiredTiggr

Hello L!

I am Joy! It's lovely to meet you! Being a mom means you are essentially super-human. So, I hear you when you say you are in a constant state of exhaustion. I'm glad you have a nice supportive system around you. Although, like you said, it can be hard for those around us to understand our struggles sometimes. I love that you are a bookworm! What is your favorite genre? I hope you find like-minded people here who you can lean on. We are always here for you! 💛💫

TiredTiggr OP October 18th, 2022

Hi Joy 😊

I find it hard to see myself as super-human, but I have described other mums in the way before so I will take the compliment 😂 thankyou.

It's definitely rough, my husband is lovely and nothing I ask of him is ever too much trouble in the bad days, but so hard to not feel or sound ungrateful when the lovely people around us don't fully understand.

I tend to go through wee phases of book genres, currently in a fantasy Novel phase, reading the Game of Thrones books, and waiting get started on the farseer trilogy soon. But i also like to read Young adult novels as it's a way to bond and chat with my sister who is just over half my age. Always snooping fb reading groups for good recommendations though ❤️

AffyAvo October 19th, 2022

@TiredTiggr Welcome! I feel like being chronically ill is like a full time job all on it's own. Incredibly frustrating at times.

TiredTiggr OP October 19th, 2022

Definitely feels like a full time job and feels as though some people see it as your entire personality as well x

Talisman88 October 25th, 2022

@TiredTiggr

Nice to meet you. I too suffer from chronic crap, as I like to say. No kiddos here but I know how frustrating restrictions can be when just trying to do your best.