Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Starting my journey

MindfulQuest 3 hours ago

I’m nearing the end of my first week on 7cups and this is my first post. So far, 7cups has been very helpful and I am thankful I found this place to help support me on my journey.

It's taken me a long time to understand that before my external relationships can improve or change, my relationship with myself needs to change. I've been battling depression for longer than I can remember, mostly on my own. I recently hit a low point. A very low point where my entire world was about to be turned upside down. At that moment in time, I was willing to accept what appeared to be inevitable. I started to shut down even more and eventually realized just accepting the situation would have cost me more than I was willing to give. I don't know why I saw things differently this time, but I did. It wasn't some great epiphany, but I saw for the first time that I didn't have to just accept things, and I could impact change.

I’m just starting on this journey, and I have a long way to go. That life changing event may still happen. It may even be something that I drive. If it does, I want to be ready to deal with it on my own terms. I look forward to the people here helping and want to help others when and where I can.