Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Hello guys and gals

PhoFu April 6th, 2021

Hello everyone, I am a new member here on 7Cups, and was brought here by MikuonionandBlueCheese. I've known him for a while now, and he's a chill person (and a great listener!).

I'm PhoFu, and I do a lot of things. I game, I write poetry and short stories, and I like to chill with people.

Recently though, I havn't really been writing as much as I want to. I'm pretty sure I have Writer's Block, been going on for a few years, but this past year was when it really hit me. I feel depressed a lot, and according to the emotional well being test they have here, I'm a %100 depressed lol.

I don't really talk a lot to people, I'm pretty quiet most of the time. People say I am social, but that's mostly online, and I say being social online is quite different than being social IRL. I am moe social with people who I know more.

I hope to be a chill person here!

Celaeno April 17th, 2021

@PhoFu, it's nice to meet you! Glad to have you in our community ^^

Writer's block are natural in my opinion. Especially in the current world situation, it is okay to feel less inspired and motivated to keep up with your work. Maybe you can view this current moment of your life as an opportunity to consume and not produce? Dive into literature, read poetry, watch movies, listen to great music, watch art... You need to breathe in in order to breathe out.

It is tiring and time-consuming, but recovery from depression is possible. Just do your best each day to take care of yourself, educate yourself and do not give up. Surviving is enough. Breathing in is enough.

I also find that communicating online is easier than talking. Any kind of support you receive, as long as it benefits your wellbeing is valid ^^ Wishing you to friends lots of friends here!

Hope to see you around. Best wishes!

PhoFu OP April 17th, 2021

@Celaeno

Thank you so much! I will try my best to taking care of myself more. Another friend of mine also told me something similar, he told me that i lived for others so much that i forgot to live for myself. Sometimes i find it hard to live for myself to, as there are way more important people than myself lol.

Thank you for your encouraging words,

Best wishes to you!

Celaeno April 20th, 2021

@PhoFu, it is great to hear that you have someone compassionate in your support system. Hope you're feeling stable lately, and if not, we, as a whole community, are always here to listen to you.

All the best!

PhoFu OP April 21st, 2021

@Celaeno

Thank you!