Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Being student vs Depression

toughLion8324 February 8th, 2021

I think many of people here have been or are students with diagnosed Major Depression. I am toughlion by the name on 7cups here. Depression does havoc to your concentration and executive function i.e to get information, store it and use it for future use, so its tough being a student with diagnosed Major Depressive Disorder. Please if any advice you want to give will be appreciated by me.

ouiCherie February 11th, 2021

@toughLion8324

That sounds tough indeed for having difficulty with concentration while being a student.

This is not an advise as it's different for everyone and it can potentially make others feel even worse...

What feature in 7cups have you found most helping so far? Is it 1-1 chat, Group Support, Articles or Self Guide perhaps?

Depression Support Room open for open chat every Tuesday for 24 hours EST. Please pop in sometimes when you can ♡

toughLion8324 OP February 11th, 2021

Thanks I ll be there

ouiCherie February 11th, 2021

@toughLion8324 Awesome! 😊

dapperSea4893 February 11th, 2021

@toughLion8324

hey, I'm also a student with severe depression. it isn't much but recently i started drawing silly little doodles about things i like like aliens or jellyfish or flowers. it really helped me when i did it. i think in general exercizing creativity can help.

toughLion8324 OP February 11th, 2021

Thanks for sharing your story Nice to meet you

warmcoffeemorning February 11th, 2021

This isn't exactly advice, but I wanted to say that I think it's amazing that you're a student and dealing with MDD. My depression and social anxiety stopped me from finishing college, so it's awesome from my perspective that you're able to do it even though it must be difficult. Does your school have a counselor that can help you? Maybe they can give you some advice? My mom has adhd so something that helps her is writing down everything. She has trouble remembering things in her mind so she has to make it physical (with notes, voice memos, printed out stuff). Maybe that could help you? I'm sorry if that's kind of simplified advice.