Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

A newbie

courageousPomegranate766 November 9th, 2022

I have been dealing with feelings of not being enough and not having the support I think I should have to deal with life. When I fall short of the goals I'm trying to accomplish I get criticized and judged as an awful person. I certainly know I'm not perfect but I do my best to be a good person.

Sometimes I get so angry at myself for not being so perfect and then I get angry at others for reminding me of how not perfect I am which turns into sadness and depression.

I have done medication and therapy before which has been years ago. I had been doing pretty well up until now.

Doing my best to be better

magneticShoulder3193 November 9th, 2022

@courageousPomegranate766

Hello, I’m sorry that you are dealing with self-criticism. I can definitely relate, you are not alone. It can be so disheartening to constantly feel like you’re not good enough. The truth is though, you are. This is what can be so difficult to believe sometimes and self compassion can help with this. Sometimes what I try to do is imagine that I am speaking to a close friend who I care for. If they are struggling with a achieving a goal, I would not insult them or think they are less valuable as a person. So I should not think that way about myself either when I mess up. Although this is much easier said than done and takes a lot of practice.

You’re doing great. Take care!

courageousPomegranate766 OP November 9th, 2022

Thank you so much. I have had criticism from others as well which has made it a little tougher. I do feel a little more in control of my emotions since I have been sharing how I feel about my situation. I was so down that a stranger said to me " u don't know your important". I had shut down emotionally and was running on auto-pilot.

I've also started reading the 7Cups book which has shed light on some of the poor decisions I have made.

I literally was in breakdown yesterday and looking for someone to talk to. I cried to God just to bring love into my life. As I was on-line I ran across 7cups. I didn't even know there was a resource like this.

This is like my answer from my higher power.

courageousPomegranate766 OP November 9th, 2022

Thank you for the post. I have had a lot of criticism lately from others as well which makes it a little tougher. The support that I have been receiving since being a member has been wonderful. I actually feel a little more in control of my emotions.