Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

venting :(

tmariee23 October 1st, 2023

My name is Tori but you can call me Marie.

Growing up I faced many challenges such as trauma from my parents. I grew a very sad little girl and I used to be confused on if I liked girls and if it was okay. I had a gf at age 14 for 1 year and 5 months. It was like love from a movie screen, we would stay up late and talk about our feelings and just lay with me. We broke up last year in May, she was my first real heartbreak.

I don't live with my biological parents which had been hard on me for years. As I got older I started to cherish the few moments I had with them. I fell into a depression around when I was 13. I remember those nights I used to cry myself to sleep and wonder why I felt so sad. I used to believe it would never be better. Today as I am 17 I learned ways of coping, I am on medication to help. This year was my hardest year yet and I am thankful I still woke up to another day. I never want to take life for granted. I want to help as many people as I can with my story, so I am planning on writing a book of it. My social worker told me she can help me publish it. I got diagnosed with MDD (Major Depressive Disorder) and anxiety. After I learned that I had those things, I started seeking help. I randomly came across this website and now I spend my days on here reading peoples stories and chatting with great people. I hope this life becomes easier on those who suffer with addictions, trauma and other problems they just can't seem to talk about. I pray that those who are worried, sad and angry to be nicer to themselves because they deserve kindness.

Thanks for reading my post, I appreciate if people can comment their worries or problems, I am always here for those who need support <3

Tobias5 October 1st, 2023
@tmariee23

Welcome to 7cups Mariee, I'm glad you are finding so many great people on 7cups. That's also really cool you are writing a book about your experiences. It sounds like you've gone through and suffered a lot but matured and grown in the face of it. I hope you continue to enjoy your time here, do well with writing your book and continue to grow as a person. Thank you for sharing your story!
Tinywhisper11 October 1st, 2023

@tmariee23 awww sweetie you are such a kind strong young lady ❤ thank you for sharing your story (and writing a book) our stories can help others to have courage and hope too. I'm glad you have proffesional help are dealing with everything so well. Your such a inspiration. Thankyou ❤ I hope you continue to grow stronger and stronger ❤