Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

my parents dont believe me

unassumingSpruce9514 December 20th, 2021

i dont understand how its so hard to believe your son has depression, theres a family history trauma and other signs but noo im not allowed bc its not manly im so tired of it

UwUperson321 December 20th, 2021

Oh man, I can relate to this post. My parents don't believe me either even though I have had literal breakdowns. It sucks. I hope you can eventually get the support you need and deserve... is there any way you can maybe get in contact with a doctor or mental health resource near you? That's what I'm planning to do if they don't listen. Take care friend

UwUperson321 December 20th, 2021

*continue not to listen

unassumingSpruce9514 OP December 20th, 2021

I managed to get to see the school therapist but i only see her once every 2 weeks if im lucky
i hope you get the help you need to

kindcherry2 December 20th, 2021

@unassumingSpruce9514

more*

kindcherry2 December 20th, 2021

@unassumingSpruce9514

Hey UnassumingSpruce,

I understand sometimes parents don't want to believe that their son or daughter are depressed. I'm sorry to hear that is family history of trauma that and other signs that are causing and they aren't listening or reading the gestures. You're allowed to feel depressed. It's okay not to be okay. I understand them saying it's not manly but if your child is depressed they're depressed. They should be supportive than this. I understand why you're so tired and exhausted. I hope you get the help you need. Please take care of yourself and your mental health. I hope this message finds you healthy and safe. ❤️

-kindcherry2