Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

friends / feeling stuck

olive9999 January 26th, 2023

im 18 (turning 19 next month) and recently graduated highschool and am taking a gap year. i’m in the process of looking for a job but i’ve had no motivation to do anything since september. i stay in my room all day and never go out unless it’s to see my boyfriend. my mom makes things worse and lately has been telling me i can’t go out till i get a job but my anxiety has been pretty bad recently so the thought of getting up everyday early and going out in public to work for hours is dreadful. i also lost most of my friends last year and the only friends i do have are away at uni. i’d love new people to talk to.

innateJoy9602 January 26th, 2023

@secretBirch5702

This transition of life can be very stressful. I’ve been there. I think many have also felt the overwhelming feeling of graduating and transitioning into adulthood. You’re not alone. <3 Having anxiety must also not make it any easier on you. Hopefully, you can find some support here and new friends who can relate to what you’re going through. Welcome to the community.💜

bestVase7265 January 27th, 2023

Well you can definitely have some new people to talk to here. I agree that the transition you are experiencing can be a tough one.

Are there ways to be less isolated that don't involve working. It would be a good place to start. What about volunteering somewhere? Then you could control the number of hours easier. Easing into things can make the anxiety issues less of a problem. @secretBirch5702