Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I think I need help (my first thread)

Bobcat2006 May 31st, 2021

Hi. I’m a 15 year old female and I think I’ve been suffering with depression since before I knew what mental illness was. Obviously when I was younger I think it was milder but as a little girl I was always different, I hung out with the boys all the time and played soccer and had almost no girl friends. My sister says I was one of the popular fun kids but that wasn’t always the case. I got bullied for being a girl that played soccer I was even pushed by a senior when I took the ball from him. I was one of the kind of kids who never got invited to play a game or join a group for a school project, and I sat alone at lunch. My sister was not one of the loving kind and so many of my classmates are the older siblings and I just watch them take care of the younger siblings so happy and so sad that my sister never did that to me. She just glared at me whenever I came to see her and her friends. Anyway I haven’t been properly diagnosed with depression or anxiety and I don’t know how to ask my mom bc in the past and i guess present she brushes off my injuries and we hardly ever go to the doctor (I’m a competitive gymnast). I also think I might have ADHD but I might be mixing them with my depression symptoms. There’s no way to describe how sure I am that I have depression, it’s just a numb overwhelming feeling of sadness. I zone out all the time at school and it’s been happening more often to the point where I’m missing instructions. I also might have insomnia I’ve always had a problem getting to sleep ever since in was little. I usually take 2-3 hours trying to get to sleep and I can’t remember a night where I haven’t woken up at least once. I know this is super long I did not think I needed to vent and rant this much, and I probably could go on longer but I won’t. And that’s it

ivoryFarm3354 June 10th, 2021

I think u are so talented person but sometimes people think that we are showing off even if we are not do this may lead to jealously.jealously can easily destory relationship .I think u should spend with your sister . try to understand her why is she behaves like this

wishfulRose80 June 10th, 2021

Hey, thanks for sharing how you feel. I'm glad you were able to let it all out somehow. I'm sorry for what you are experiencing. I want you to know that you are heard, and that you are not alone, as cliché as that may sound. Bit sometimes people just want to know that someone cares. Depression is so hard to deal with. Trust me I know. Let's get through it together one day at a time :) Also, please feel free to watch this for encouragement: https://youtu.be/6a1p1_jzM14