Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I am great, others aren’t

CallMeFriday September 15th

I don’t have any issues with who I am as a person or feel that I’m doing anything wrong. I just feel trapped, I’m a teen and can’t get anywhere on my own. My mom is making me suicidal, how tf do I get away from her.

toughTiger6481 September 16th

@CallMeFriday

So you are great the problem is others ....like Mom?     

Teen years are frustrating regarding ability to go places without help / ride maybe money etc these are inconvenient and perhaps frustrating but some day when you do get away and are adulting you will long for days when it was not all on your shoulders. 

CallMeFriday OP September 16th

That’s BS

WhiteAura9 September 16th

@CallMeFriday

I’m really sorry you’re feeling this way. It sounds incredibly difficult to be in a situation where you feel trapped and overwhelmed. It’s important to know that what you’re experiencing is valid and your feelings matter.

Feeling like you can’t escape your current environment can be profoundly distressing. It’s okay to acknowledge that it’s hard and that you need support. It’s really tough when someone’s actions make you feel this way, and it’s understandable to feel desperate and frustrated.

Try to find small ways to carve out some personal space or moments of calm for yourself. This could be as simple as finding a quiet spot in your home or engaging in an activity that brings you a bit of relief. It’s also helpful to have someone to talk to—whether that’s a friend, a relative, or even just a supportive adult in your life. Sharing your feelings can sometimes lighten the burden a bit.

It’s worth focusing on small, achievable goals that can help you feel a bit more in control. It might be something simple like starting a new hobby or working on a personal project. These small steps can sometimes make a big difference in how you feel day-to-day.

Thinking about your future, and what steps you might take when you have more independence, can be a source of hope. Even if it’s a long way off, having something to look forward to can be really motivating.

Remember, it’s okay to seek out moments of relief and to take care of yourself in whatever way you can right now. Your feelings are important, and taking these small steps towards managing them is a sign of strength.