Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Why Do You Think Some People Enjoy Antagonizing Others?

AverageAbigail May 11th, 2021

I've experienced this many times and is one of the causes why I developed Severe Depressive Disorder (I was diagnosed by a psychiatrist and have attended therapy, in-person and online on and off for the past 9 years). I am also a hypersensitive individual so my emotions are usually at a high intensity depending on the kind of environment and type of people I am surrounded with. I'm not aware of having hurt them for them to resort to this behavior so I'm left wondering: "Why me? What wrong did I do to you?" Do you experience this feeling wherein you feel like many people are against you whether you do good or make mistakes? How do you manage your emotional sensitivity and mental health among family, friends, classmates, coworkers, or even by yourself? What has helped you?

ouiCherie May 13th, 2021

Hi @AverageAbigail

I get what you mean *hugs* I'm glad to hear you have professional supports to overcome depression ♡

It is tough indeed to feel that way. What helps me to de-personalization a situation is by changing my thinking pattern.

Im glad you're reaching out here ♡ Depression Support have a series of discussions about thinking patterns that are unsupportive of us, where at the sessions we also sharing ideas on how to overcome each pattern. Hope you can come to one sometimes 💜