Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Low self-esteem and relationships with other people

anintroverted July 6th, 2020

The answer to this question it's probably obvious for some people, but I'm completely oblivious.

So, I was talking to a friend of mine about my insecurities and "showing" how low I was feeling and how low my self-esteem actually is. Now, he says something along the lines of "do you say these things to people you care about?" and I might be horrible for this, but I really don't understand.

Like, do my insecurities and self-esteem affect others negatively? I don't know how else to ask this. I could understand it bugs people and sometimes they don't even want to listen to me complain about it (because yes, in a way it seems I complain so much). But really, does it affect others as bad? And like why especially the ones that I care about? I'm sorry for being so oblivious about it.

LexIris July 7th, 2020

@anintroverted

You don't have to apologise for not knowing the answer. You reached out to ask for clarification and that's all that matters :)

I'm sorry to hear that people don't want to listen to you talk about it. Talking about it can help get it off our chest and can help us feel better. Studies have shown that insecurities tend to negatively affect relationships and it is true that people tend to get tired when we complain about things that we struggle with.

I found some articles that may help you more with it. You can click here, here and here for links to the separate articles. I hope this helps you in some way. Take care :)