Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I need help with new ways to help.

notefornote October 29th, 2020

Okay so I’ve got some questions.

Someone close to me is struggling with depression and I have turned here because this is what I used.

Is there any strategies I can use to help them because I’ve run out of things that helped me and need some help finding new ways to try to prevent or lessen the pain of his struggles.

thanks so much

xx

modestOwl850 October 29th, 2020

@notefornote listen to them, just tell them to tell you everything they are dealing with and all their problems. I don't know if they are religious or not but it they are just remind them that god has better plans for them. Ask them if they are at rock bottom. If they say yes tell them well from now on the only way is up and everything will get better. Also spend time with them talk to them do things with them that they enjoy. Hope that helps

notefornote OP October 29th, 2020

@modestOwl850

very helpful thanks

heart

SparkyGizmo October 29th, 2020

@notefornote

Hi ! heartI'm so sorry you are at a loss in how to support your friend. If it's feeling confusing, stressful, I understand. We have a family and care givers support community that you might enjoy? This could potentially give you a nice community to connect with like minded people that care for others in their life.

Have you considered mentioning to your friend that they can sign on this site as a member and recieve support?

Hoping this helps and thanks for being kind to others. *hugs* smileyangelheart

notefornote OP October 29th, 2020

@SparkyGizmo

thanks you very much heart