Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Duloxetine

willingFriend247 June 3rd, 2015

I've been prescribed Duloxetinefor depression. I've only been taking it for three days. After an hour or two from taking it I feel extremely tired, so I'm now started taking it in the night. Has anybody used it and if so what was it like?

I have been on another antidepressant in the past but it made no difference at all. So I'm a little anxious about how this one will pan out.

Annie June 4th, 2015

Dear @WillingFriend247,

I'm happy to see that you're reaching out to other people who've experienced depression. Good for you!

With regard to discussingspecific prescription medications, hmmmmm. The thing about pharmaceuticals is that every body is different. One person could have a bad experience with Drug A whileanother person found it to be agodsend.

Another problem of discussing specific medications online is that we don't know how reliable the speakers are.

If Member Xtells people at 7 Cups of Teathat a particular drug is "worthless," I'd worry that Member Y might stop taking it as prescribed.

My response to your post might not sound welcoming orwarm, but I mean it really sincerely: the best info really comes from your doctor, I think. Agood physician has a lot of knowledge about the drugs he or she prescribes -- they know the possible side effects and how to deal with them.

If adrug isn't providing the help you're hoping for, pleeaseconsider talking with your doctor.Sometimes we don't want to "bother" the doctor, but they want to know how things are working out with the meds they prescribe. And youdon't necessarily have to wait for an appointment, you can just call and let them know if you have any doubts.And pharmacists can also be a great resource for you, too!

I wish you all the best.heart