Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Dramatic mood swings...

newschooled December 20th, 2018

Hi all,

So just to keep it simple, I

Darkseed December 21st, 2018

@newschooled

From time to time, I experience the same thing. I've lost a few computer keyboards that way. For me, I think it was complete repression of anger responses in daily life. If someone called me stupid at work, or many people cut me off in traffic, or I got overcharged for something and had to take time off work to call during normal business hours, I tried to be as positive and polite as possible. I found sometimes, I had hair-trigger temper blow-ups. I remember one day I was trying to make guacamole to calm myself (I find it calming), and I was so irritated from being belittled and badmouthed by the elderly relative that I take care of that I just lost it, and I threw his ceramic bowl that he loved across the room where it shattered and blopped guac everywhere.

I think it's putting up with excessive abuse in multiple areas of life that creates a buildup of anger and resentment that it just bursts out like soda blows out of a can after it's been shaking rigorously over and over again. Or, like a raw egg (in the shell) in the microwave. That constant bombardment of pressure will cause the egg to explode.