Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Constantly second guessing

JustAnotherGuy7 May 23rd, 2016

I am wondering if my 'decision paralysis' is related to my depression. I am so f#$%ing tired ot second guessing everything, big and small, every thing in my life I question constantly if I'm doing the right thing.

Help?

Anxietyanna May 23rd, 2016

@JustAnotherGuy7 I don't know if I can help but I get it and I feel the exact same way. It's super frustrating. The only thing I've found that helps so far is physically writing down the conflicting thoughts that are running through my mind. It can sometimes help to see it on paper to better understand where my anxiety is coming from.

Anth12 May 23rd, 2016

@JustAnotherGuy7

i feel the same way as you do. It's like nothing you do is right just seems like your always wrong. It's at the point for me where I feel like I'm fading away and so lost

heatherh11 May 23rd, 2016

@JustAnotherGuy7

Trouble decision making can be a symptom of depression. It has a way of making you feel awful about yourself so that no matter what you do you think you couldn't have made the right choice.

What I can tell you is that Depression does not have the final say. Even though you are struggling, you are still a valid human being, and even if your brain is making you hardcore doubt that anything you do could be worthy, you are inherently worthy. If you get a chance, take a look at the 7 cups depression guide. It's helpful for defining what depression is and what it does, as well as giving some tips for working through it. It might not make it better, but hopefully you can find a bit of peace in the mess.

JustAnotherGuy7 OP May 23rd, 2016

@heatherh11

I haven't tried that - thank you Heather

May 23rd, 2016

@JustAnotherGuy7

Do you think your indecision could also be tied with low self-esteem? As a sufferer of depression myself, I feel more indecisive when I am feeling very poorly about myself. I think what @Anxietyanna suggested could be very useful. Would it be helpful to write down the particular thoughts you have that you are indecisive about? Are you experiencing any other emotions at that time (i.e. stress, anxiety, etc..). Would making a daily journal of your thoughts and feelings throughout the day help figure out why you may feel this way?

When I have been indecisive, I noticed that it was triggered by not wanting to hurt someone or feeling like I do everything wrong. On further exploration, I discovered that my "symptoms" were closely tied to codependency issues. Once I was able to identify what exactly was making me feel this way, I found it easier to curve my indecisiveness. At the very least, I was able to recognize I was being indecisive due to those reasons.

I hope some of these suggestions helped, I still struggle with indecisiveness but I'm trying to get better. I hope you are able to figure it out too.

Good luck! heart