Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Like a movie scene every day

Phthalo January 17th, 2023

You know that trope where the main character is out walking in the street at night and passes by all these homes with big windows showing people having a good time together? And the main character has made mistakes to end up at that point. That's me and my mistakes were the way my brain formed and the misguided actions as I tried to figure it out without guidance. I'm paying the price every day and it's only getting worse as my workplace just really shoves it in my face. Even subtly teasing me. I can't even begin to improve my mental state until I can quit and if I'm proper about it, I have to wait like 6 months. I don't think I can though. I'm in anguish every work day and even on my days off I'm still unwell over my long life of social failures.

CDK1972 January 17th, 2023

@Phthalo Hi have you tried talking to a therapist/counselor/psychologist? I know that helps and there are even some good books to read regarding your situation. I’m here to chat if you want to. 😊

Phthalo OP January 17th, 2023

@CDK1972 I no longer care about synthesized test tube type help. I want the real thing. I want real connection. Why do I deserve less? Why do I have to watch other people have the real thing while I run around trying to find a match...I'm too tired to even try that. I've heard how hard it is to find a match. I just. There's no solution really. I'm just venting I guess.

CDK1972 January 18th, 2023

If I can help at all just let me know. I may get not understand everything but I’ll be here to lend an ear. Anytime