Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I don’t know

generousA611 May 21st, 2023

Im so tired of feeling like this everyday . I recently ended my relationship because I have done things I regret and I know they deserve a much better partner than me. I don’t know who I am or what kind of person I am anymore. I don’t know what I like , what my hobbies are , I just feel so lost and confused. I want to be happy. I want to change my habits. I want to know why I did certain things in my relationship all of the sudden that I never thought I would do years ago. I want to do better. But I’m just so tired. I’m so sad that sometimes I just wish I can sleep for many days to not worry about anything. How can I start ? Where can I start? How do I become better ?

HealingTalk May 22nd, 2023

@generousA611

Hi!

It sounds like you're really struggling with self-doubt and feelings of inadequacy. It's understandable to feel lost and confused when you're not sure who you are or what you want. I'm sorry that you're feeling so tired and sad.

It also seems that you're feeling a lot of shame and regret about things you've done in the past. It can be really hard to move past those feelings, but it's important to remember that everyone makes mistakes and no one is perfect. Be kind to yourself and practice self-compassion. You will find audio guides for practicing self-compassion among the "Guided Meditations" by Tara Brach in the "Mindfulness Exercises" section of 7 Cups here: https://www.7cups.com/exercises/mindfulness/

Regarding changing habits, I recommend you the book "Atomic Habits" it's really useful and it worked for me. You can buy it at a used books online store very cheap. I hope that this helps.

All the best!

Marcelo.

bestVase7265 May 23rd, 2023

It is easy to feel lost, confused and to mourn losing a relationship. You need to feel all of those things though they are really tough to manage.

You have come to a good place to work through some of it. Do you have people who you are talking to? @generousA611

generousA611 OP May 26th, 2023

Hi! my ex from the relationship I was talking bout actually recommended this app for me to use. He’s been so kind and understanding in all of this cause I just feel better talking bout my feelings to others rather than people I know and so he told me to try this. I’m scared that they’ll think of me of some way or wouldn’t want to talk bout how I’m feeling as often as I’d like to. So other than him , not really

@bestVase7265

bestVase7265 May 27th, 2023

Well here is a great place to practice talking. No one can possibly know you and everyone is really kind. I have been doing it for years.

Feel free to add to this particular thread any time and I will get back with you.

How are you feeling at the moment?@generousA611