Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

lazy and worthless

angelsharia September 8th, 2014

hi my name is Angel and lately I think I've been sliping into a depression. its going on 2 years since my college graduation and nothing has broken through yet. I'm still at home with my dad due to a rough start. I think I'm believing the lies that I'm not strong enough to make it on my own and how life is soooo hard I feel like a worthless bum although I take the steps to change my life for the better its never good enough

liligrace September 8th, 2014

Hi. Angel. I dont believe that you are worthless. But I do believe that not using ones own worth can cause depression. I think it is important as a human to be out there doing things in a productive way.. And when that cycle is not there, it can cause depression and a poor sense of oneself.

I do not know if you are looking for a suggestion. But if you are, here it is. Do you think you might like to try to volunteer for something you might be interested in? Helping people or animals or plants or something? Anything to help get out there using whatever interests you might have. I think that giving is the best validation of who we are. I think in a way when we give, it can be a life saver for the person giving. Because it is so validating. And also it helps people to realize they are useful. Just a thought. I know that volunteering helped me a lot at one point in my life. I volunteered in the arts.combined with social assistance. But that was just my interests. As long as it is something you would be really interested in. As I said, just a thought.