Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

am I a bad person?

littlesadcutebunny October 14th, 2015

my dad called me today saying that my grandparents were upset and sad because I never call them, but we aren't close so I don't feel the need, now his hole family thinks I'm selfish and I feel like a bad person bc I'm actually very closed and cold and don't need or want other people around I hate myself

irkas94 October 14th, 2015

Oh sound like me!

sylviaplathora88 October 14th, 2015

No, you're not a bad person. Just a little closed off socially. I struggle with that as well. I'm actually very understanding and compassionate. But I can never seem to express the "correct" amount of interest where my extended family is concerned. Primarily because they annoy me with their nosiness lol. I avoid family gatherings and social events because I find them awkward. I've been told I'm cold, and selfish as well. But I know it's not out of spite or because I hate them. They're simply not my cup of tea. Try explaining why you feel this disconnect to your parents/grandparents, they might understand.

Itsacrazylifewelive October 14th, 2015

No you are not a bad person at all! Don't think that way just because your family is on your back about how you interact with others.

findingbalance95 October 14th, 2015

@littlesadcutebunny you are not a bad person! Nobody is, they just do not understand what you are going through inside