Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Tired of living with depression

SofiaIphosphorlake May 1st, 2021

Hello, I’m new here and I just wanted to share part of my story. I’m struggling with depression and anxiety since years, but my last episode was the worst so far. It’s going for around a year already and it started after a breakup with my long term partner with whom I was living together. I’m a foreigner in the country. Recently my grandma was diagnosed with cancer and it just added to the pain. I tried different methods like therapy and medication without big success. Currently I’m on cipralex, please any of you who have experience with this drug, share it 🥀Depression robs you from everything you used to enjoy or find comfort in. I just feel so tired, lost, worthless and everything seems so pointless, just want this heavy pain in my chest to be gone. I’m thinking about death on a daily basis and it’s the only thought that gives me some kind of relief. I can’t wait to be free from this body and all the suffering

Kmm25 May 1st, 2021

hi i'm sorry for everything you're going through i have no experience with that drug but i know that such drugs take months to see a desired effect like 6 months, it can trigger your thoughts but keep in mind that it is part of the process, be patient❤🙏 whatever it is, life isnt life without problems and you should be happy and proud of yourself cause you are trying!! And you are worthy.

kindcherry2 May 2nd, 2021

@SofiaIphosphorlake

I understand it's hard. Yes depression is very tiring. And meds take a while to work at least a couple of months and the first one that you try may not be right for you. I do hope you feel better. I believe in you.

Ugarinino May 24th, 2021

Living with depression is too hard, I know that from my personal experience. I buy prescribed antidepressants at Canadian pharmacy and it seems my mental health improves. But taking meds is not enough. In order to get rid of depression, you must do your best. Just think about what makes you happy and do that.

wishfulRose80 May 26th, 2021

Thank you for being open and honest here. I'm sorry to hear what you are going through. I know what it's like to live with depression, and feel like there is not hope. You are not alone in this, friend. Let's get through life one day at a time. Please feel free to watch this video for encouragement: https://youtu.be/6a1p1_jzM14