Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Should I get help?

himishl December 24th, 2015

I don't know if this would be the right place to post this, but I'm going through a breakup right now. It's been about a month and I've become really depressed because of it. I don't think I have depression, but I am feeling extremely depressed. I've been contemplating going to therapy because it's really affecting my health. I don't have an appetite anymore, I've actually lost 10 pounds within the month because of it. I don't sleep anymore either. And this sad looming feeling just never leaves me. I used to play guitar to get over feeling sad, but now I can't because I've lost interest and also because it reminds me of my ex. I want to get help because it's obviously taking a toll on my health, but there's a part of me saying "But what if all you need is time to get over it". I don't know, should I get therapy or should I just let time do it's magic?

eSemag December 24th, 2015

Hey, sorry to hear about the breakup. They really do suck. The only way I've ever gotten over an ex is moving on with my own life and focus the energy on self improvement. I also know what it's like to feel depressed, I've been fighting it since I can remember. If you let the depression keep you in all day, sittin around moping, it will consume you. You gotta get back out there. Not dating necessarily, but do you ever go out with friends or anything?

I don't think you necessarily need to see a therapist, and time will do its thing either way. It'd really be up to you if you'd want a professional to help you thru it. Couldn't hurt, someone to listen and guide you thru might be beneficial. It's your choice.

jovialSpring91 December 24th, 2015

Have you talked to a patent? If you think it is playing a major role in your health it will not hurt to see a doctor || stay strong

Parent**

Have you talked to a patent? If you think it is playing a major role in your health it will not hurt to see a doctor || stay strong

December 24th, 2015

If you don't sleep and you lost your appetite, that's definitely a sign that you need help. Try with some therapy :)

neatNorth6024 December 24th, 2015

I lese ed to have control of my self :)