Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

New Here

azureEyes8102 August 26th, 2018

How do you get comfortable talking about depression? I don't have a support for this in my day to day life. People sometimes wanted to listen in the past, but when you are dealing with depression chronically people seem to become quite bothered. I don't try anymore really. My one friend is very emotionally expressive. One of those people who can talk for really long about themselves, and you don't even have to give input hahaha I love her dearly. I never have anyone check in with me though. I worry if I say anything someone will either make it a contest or ask me what I plan to do to get help. I just want to talk really. I don't want to be selfish , but maybe it would help if I was more selfish.

intellectualHuman6814 August 26th, 2018

@azureEyes8102

Sadly, for people like that you would have to go searching for them or just stubble upon them by chance and pure luck. Though, a lot of people on this do that so obviously check in on here first before you go on an adventure for those people. Both Listeners and members on here are willing to talk. The group chats will also help cheer you up- they are certaining fun to tap into every once and a while. Sometimes it is good to be selfish every now and then so don't worry about that. As long as it doesn't hurt anyone then it is okay to do. If you want to talk or vent just post here and someone will come to see and respond. ❤️